Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Fall Hair Inspiration



I've definitely been inspired by these stylish looks and haircuts I've seen around lately. After seeing a few of these examples while browsing pinterest one evening, I spontaneous decided to chop my locks off to about this length in attempt to achieve this look. About 5 inches off! (See before and after below!) Ever since then, I've noticed this trendy length more and more each day. This medium, collar bone length is great because it's suitable for everyone and every face shape, its not too short, or not too long and is very easy to wear and style. The texture is very adaptable, and can be altered for your specific hair type. From tighter, classy curls, to the messy, undone, tousled waves like some of the above pictures, its definitely easy to style, and a lot more manageable than long locks. Add lots of volume to the roots and air dry for a the more undone look. For even more of a change, adding deep, rich brown, and auburn red shades, or opting for a subtle ombre can add lots dimension and shine and keep this cut from just being a boring blunt hairstyle.
Below are some products I've used to create various textures with this cut--

Not Your Mothers - Sea Salt Texture Spray
$5.99 - Ulta
Short Sexy Hair - Rough & Ready Styling Gunk
$17.95 - Target
L'Oreal EverStyle Tousle Creme
$6.99 - Ulta
Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Antifrizz Moroccan Serum
$4.69 - Target
5 inches later! :) 

2 comments:

  1. great picks. we really want to try sea salt spray! we have been struggling to find a product which really brightens and mpoisturises our hair. do you know of any great hair masks or treatments?

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love any type of sea salt texture sprays!
      As far as hair masks or treatments, I really like the Moroccan Oil brand products but they're a bit pricey.. Another I've tried and liked is the Coconut Milk products by Organix
      http://www.organixhair.com/category-title/342

      They have a leave in milk and a repairing treatment that are pretty awesome. I think you can get most of them at Ulta! :)

      Delete