One thing I think that can get boring and mundane about interior decorating is when things get too matchy-matchy. There's nothing wrong with sticking to one pattern, but I personally like variety in decor. Although some of the above examples are on the extreme case and may seem a bit crazy or overwhelming, I absolutely love matching mismatched patterns and think it creates a different, bold, daring look in your home that will be unique to your own style and pattern arrangements. From mixing stripes, polka dots, chevrons, floral, leopard, and tribal patterns, using any different complimentary combinations will add interest. You can easily do this just by adding throw pillows, a rug, or bedding. Sticking with different patterns but having them be in the same color family or color scheme will definitely help in achieving the mismatched look, but won't be too risky. If you want to go a bit bolder though, not only opt for different patterns, but various color combinations, sizes of pillows, etc, to make super unique and different. Have fun mixing and matching!


we love bold prints and bright colours! pillows are definitely a great way to mix itup!
ReplyDeletehttp://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/